HIGHLIGHTS:

  • The NCB clarified that they have let off six people and not three
  • The agency summoned Shah Rukh Khan’s driver for questioning
  • The NCB deputy director-general Gyaneshwar Singh said the agency has recorded the statements of all the detainees, and all actions of the NCB were well within the law and transparent

Today, Narcotics Control Bureau zonal director, Sameer Wankhede gave a befitting reply to Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik’s statement. Talking to the media, Wankhede informed that the NCB had let off six people and not three. “It has been said that we let off three people. But we actually let off six people as their roles didn’t transpire in the investigation,” he added.

Elaborating on the issue, Wankhede informed that the six had been bought to the office for inquiry, and the agency had served them notice under sections 67 of the NDPS Act. However, he refused to disclose the identity of the six citing security reasons. “14 people were arrested, and 8 were later arrested. 6 has been let off due to lack of evidences,” he said.

Commenting on Aryan Khan, Wankhede informed that Aryan is at the Arthur Road Jail after he was denied bail by the metropolitan magistrate court on Friday. Aryan has been arrested in connection with the cruise rave party case. The agency also summoned Shah Rukh Khan’s driver for questioning.

Meanwhile, the NCB deputy director-general Gyaneshwar Singh said the agency has recorded the statements of all the detainees, and all actions of the NCB were well within the law and transparent. “The case-related documents were produced before the court. We would soon file a charge sheet in the case,” Singh added.

The agency dismissed all the allegations levelled against it as ‘baseless, motivated afterthoughts and prejudiced’. “The allegations are frivolous and malicious in view of documents and records of procedures duly followed by NCB that can subject to legal verification,” the agency said.

Previously, Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik had accused that the agency had let off three individuals and one of them is Rishabh Sachdeva, the brother-in-law of Mohit Bhartiyam a former Yuva Morcha chief of the BJP. Back in January, the NCB had arrested Malik’s son-in-law.

Website | + posts

Global Tribune : News 24 X 7
National News , International News, Regional News, Political News, Social News, Sports News, Crime News, Entertainment News, Fashion News and Many More ...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here