- All drugs used in the management of COVID-19 are now available in India
- The government is monitoring the availability of these COVID-19 Essential Drug
- Three strategies implemented for the management of the drugs are Supply Chain Management, Demand Side Management and Affordability
- The protocol drugs available are Remdesivir, Enoxaparin, MethylPrednisolone, Dexamethasone, Tocilizumab, Ivermectin
- CDSCO and NPPA are coordinating with manufacturers to get data about current stock, current capacities
On Wednesday, Union Minister Mr Mansukh Mandaviya announced all drugs used in the management of COVID-19 are now available in India. He said that the government is monitoring the availability of these COVID-19 Essential Drugs and is implementing three strategies of Supply Chain Management, Demand Side Management and Affordability.
The protocol drugs available are Remdesivir, Enoxaparin, MethylPrednisolone, Dexamethasone, Tocilizumab, Ivermectin while Non-protocol Drugs available are Favipiravir, Amphotericin, Apixaban. In order to enhance the production and to get data about current stock, capacities, and projected production for May 2021, the manufacturers are coordinating with CDSCO and NPPA.
According to the data, the number of plants that produce Remdesivir has increased from 20 to 60 resulting in 3 times more availability in just 25 days and ramping up in production is 10 times more since April 2021.
Toscilizumab injection has been made available in the country by importing 20 times more than in normal times. The data of Dexamethasone 0.5 mg tablets production has enhanced 6-8 times more in a month.
The production of Dexamethasone Injection, Enoxaparin Injection and Methylprednisolone Injection has ramped up by 2, 4 and 3 times respectively in a month. While the Ivermectin 12 mg tab production increased from 150 lakhs in April to 770 lakhs in May,2021.
The manufacturers have ramped up the production of Favirpiravir by 4 times within a month while the number of Amphoterecin B Injection being imported is 3 lakh vials as the country produces 6.80 lakh vials.