- Prime accused of Gold scam, Swapna Suresh told ED about shocking facts
- 19 times gold has been smuggled since November 2019
- In December alone, 36 kgs of gold were smuggled by her gang
- In Nov four times gold were slipped-off while 12 times in December, one each in January, March, and June
- The gold smuggled via Thiruvananthapuram airport
Today, a shocking fact has come in light in the scandalous gold scam of Kerala in which the top officials of the state are involved, including CM Pinarayi Vijayan. As per sources, the prime accused of the scam, Swapna Suresh informed the Enforcement Directorate (ED) that she along with her gang has done 19 such smugglings of gold from November 2019.
Giving the details of the illegal consignments, Swapna said that in November four times illegal gold was slipped-off while 12 times in December, one each in January, March and June. In her statement, she said that in December only, she along with her gang has managed to smuggle around 36 kgs of gold.
Reportedly, she has given a statement where stated that while she was at the Consulate of the United Arab Emirates, she was not into the smuggling. But she got engaged in gold smuggling after joining the Space Park on October 21, 2019.
Since the day of her joining, she and her gang started taking trails in smuggling two times in a month. The gold used to smuggle through Thiruvananthapuram airport from where all the 19 consignments were passed from November 2019 to June 2020.